Wednesday, September 113:50 pm - 4:50 pm
Leading edge neuroscience has provided new insight into the biological principles that drive human behaviour. There are many misconceptions about the brain, today’s leaders can be more effective by developing their understanding of brain function. Ongoing scientific discoveries continue increasing our knowledge of how our brain affects us as individuals and teams. To understand how leaders can leverage this knowledge in the realm of both the individual and the organization, we delve into several ideas. The concept of the ever-changing brain is reviewed, as well as the impact such change has on overall well-being and performance.
We explore concepts relating to the life of brain cells, the idea of transitory brain connections, the ageing brain and the idea of brain re-programming. We consider how leaders may employ the information and impact performance.
Dr. John Crawford describes the neuroscientific principles that may be utilized to improve personal effectiveness, performance and team strength by maximizing brain health. A unique group activity will demonstrate the principles in real time. The workshop portion will appeal to both the analytical and creative traits that may be found within each of us.
After the engaging workshop you will:
- Understand “brain plasticity” – specifically neuroplasticity
- Identify factors that contribute to increased brain productivity
- Recognize how creativity and cognitive change relates to improved brain function and impacts individuals and their performance.
- Discover practical ideas to apply personally and professionally
- Understand how leadership affects brain health and team productivity